Sunday 5 June 2011

Heroines

Today was the last day to visit the exhibition Heroines at the Thyssen Bornemisza Museum in Madrid, veeeery eurocentric, but fascinating in any case. This post is definitely too long, but how can I choose? I would have liked to upload the whole exhibition here. There were contemporary works, photograpy, classical, romantic, subversion of classical themes...
I'll show you how the rooms were organised and some works that could really take your breath away.



SOLITUDE




CARYATIDS




MAENADS
























ATHLETES





















ARMOUR AND AMAZONS















SORCERESSES















































MARTYRS






















FDHFDFHFDHHDF







                                                     MYSTICS






READERS











PAINTERS

The second floor at Fundación Caja Madrid was a delight to see, there are several works that I had posted about in my "homages" to women painters. But it made me think that I'm looking forward to a great  exhibition of women painters up to the 1950's. Dear curators of the world, take Germaine Greer's The Obstacle Race: The Fortunes of Women Painters and Their Work and let yourselves be inspired.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks dear visitor